[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: GSS API (as a DLL)...

Marc --

>Also, the model of multi-user machines is becoming less and less
>common.  Many clients run MacOS, DOS, or Windows, all of which are
>inherently single-user...

I was thinking of butting in here and your comment did it...

It seems to me that all the verbose discussions about not using "run time binding"
(in the generic sense) focuses on the multi-user Unix (or whatever) perspective.
My Windows NT machine has over 250 dynamically linked libraries in it. And there's
no "security" except I'll ---- anybody I catch touching it. It's MINE! Just like my
desk. Just like my briefcase. GRRRRRR!!!!

It bothers me to see a potential jump out of the trench stopped by the mire at the
bottom. Dynamic binding is a "good thing" which I learned to love back 10 years ago
in the VAX days (along with multi-threading).

    -- Bob